11 Advantages of Website Monitoring
The only way to have a competitive advantage online is by having a solid, reliable website. How do you ensure that your website is running smoothly? Simple – By making use of a variety of website monitoring tools, applications, and software.
What is Website Monitoring?
Website monitoring is a process by which the uptime performance of a website is monitored and tested. In order for any website to be effective, it must run smoothly and be accessible to users online. Website monitoring allows businesses/website owners/webmasters to ensure that their websites are performing as they should be and that they are always accessible to their clients and customers.
By monitoring your website, you can make sure that you are aware whenever there are any glitches with the site, or if it goes offline for any reason. This will allow you to quickly fix the problem and have the website up and running in a shorter period of time.
There are two different types of website monitoring:
Local Monitoring – This involves monitoring the health of a website on a local server. Local monitoring does not take into account the experiences of individual users; rather, it works to ensure that the server is running and the website is operating as it should.
Global Monitoring – This involves monitoring uptime performance all across the internet. Global monitoring is also known as end-to-end monitoring or end-user monitoring, and is intended to monitor the performance and availability of a site as experienced by actual users/visitors to the site.
Advantages of Website Monitoring
For any website to be effective, users and customers must have uninterrupted access to the website and its features. Monitoring your website can offer a number of advantages and help resolve issues with your website before they create problems.
Some of the many benefits of website monitoring include:
- Rapid Response – The ability to quickly diagnose problems
- Easy Access – Ensure that the website is always accessible to customers and end-users
- Quick Fix – Fix problems as soon as they arise
- Steady Flow – Ensure a high flow of traffic by making sure that your website has no glitches
- No Downtime – Minimize downtime of the website
- Constant Surveillance – Monitor the health and performance of your website at all times
- Be Notified of Problems – Receive alerts when there is a problem with your website before users are affected
- Ensure Speed – Monitor the web server load to make sure that there are no lags and that the website isn’t slow
- Monitor user experiences – Get a feel for how users are responding to your website
- Save Money – Website monitoring acts as an insurance policy and saves you lots of money. Being unaware that your website has been down for a couple of hours can lead to a huge loss in revenue
- Safeguard your Reputation – If your website is consistently down, end-users will likely leave with an unfavorable opinion of your website. Monitoring allows you to find out about problems before your target audience becomes aware of them
Having a website that runs smoothly and without problems gives you a huge competitive advantage. In order to ensure that your website doesn’t suffer from any glitches, website monitoring is absolutely essential. This will allow you to stay up to date on everything that’s going on online and allow you to deal with problems quickly and efficiently as they arise.